Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Scott Can Receive and Send Email to Anyone!!!!


Dear Mama,

This week has been such a sweet yet crazy week.

We have received several of the new Elders and I am now companions with Elder Jones.
It was really hard having Elder Lokpo leave, I realized how much I loved that guy as he was preparing to leave. The morning he left I was doing all I could not to get to teary eyed. But Elder Jones is wonderful as well.
Scotty's companion who he will dearly miss, Elder Lopko

We had a couple sweet baptisms this weekend, a young boy named Abdul. Abdul is a rather serious boy, doesn't smile all that much. But yesterday, we went to go visit after he had been confirmed. I couldn't believe how happy he was. I have never seen him laugh and smile so much. It was apparent that this boy was enjoying the gift of the Holy Ghost.

We also baptized a young woman named Adama. She has been ready for baptism for a long time now. She loves receiving the lessons, so we will most likely continue to teach her for a while.
So our area will not officially split until later this week when Elder Arhinful, the other Njaie Town Elders now, receives his companion. Things are not going to be easy when it splits. It seems President and the Lord like to keep me in an area for 2 transfers then split it. It is not easy to start in a split area. Lose a lot of investigators and you just have to find like crazy. But we have a wonderful Branch. We have about 30 Branch Missionaries, so we are trying to coordinate with them more. We had a Branch Missionary Training on Saturday, Branch President George gave some instruction and I followed. Between the 2 of us we ended instructing for over 2 hours. I was surprised they were not all sleeping.
Our District, Bo West, Sierra Leone


But as we have been proselyting with Elder Jones, Arhinful and myself. I can see the Lord providing more and more people to teach. We had some young women call us over to come teach to them. So we sat down for a while talking about our purpose and left some tracts and planned to come back the next day. As we went the next day, as we were entering the compound, a man stopped us. He said he was a pastor to another Church. My thoughts instantly went to that we were going to end up in another meeting with a pastor trying to confound us. But he was a very sweet guying telling us we were always welcome and we can teach. But he warned us not to teach one of the girls we met. After we had left the day before the womans husband got very upset/ jealous I guess. And he beat her rather badly. We saw her sitting in the sun and she could barely raise her hand to wave at us. It broke our hearts.

But the missionary work is going well. Heavenly Father enjoys adding responsibilities to me. But it is to just make up for the how lazy I was back home.
Our new District is so sweet, I really love the guys I am with. I still cannot believe Elder Jones and I are companions, so strange. But I am happy.

I am glad your health is doing better. And I know it will continue.
So for the package, mainly just surprise me. About Grandaddies war stories, only send it to me if it is a copy. Do not send me your only one. I do not want anything valuable. But in the package make sure you include the bag for my bladder pack.

One very cool news, mission rules have changed. I am now allowed to email whoever as long as they are not in my mission boundaries. So anyone reading feel free to email me. (unless you are some Sierra Leonean lady).

But I hope all is well with the family, keep me updated. I need to go fix our cooking gas. We have been back to cooking on coal the past few days.

So I love you mama,
Love your son,
Elder McDonald
Bo West Zone

No comments: